i need labtop that play movies to my 4k 65" tv. what is the best

Solution
If your current laptop can play movies just fine on you TV and all you really need is a new laptop, then perhaps the best and least expensive option is to simply have the hard drive replaced an cloned for you. You can go to a local computer repair store and ask how much would it cost to clone the data on the current hard drive to a new hard drive (which you buy yourself) and then install the new hard drive. Another option is to go to Best Buy and stop by the Geek Squad area and ask them.

hrklug

Prominent
Jan 28, 2018

never have replaced a hard drive, son is in college (he could do this, I'm 67 and know a lot but not that) in another state and i need it do within a week

Even hiring someone to re-install Windows on a new drive will be much cheaper. Up to you though if you want to not deal with it. You also did not list your current laptop specs or even why you think the hard drive is bad, did you test the drive?

Where are you planning on buying it from? Size? Do you need larger text or anything special like that? If you are looking for something for movies, are you talking about form a DVD/Bluray disk? Streaming from Netflix, from your own files (say MP4 video or something)?

If your current laptop can play movies just fine on you TV and all you really need is a new laptop, then perhaps the best and least expensive option is to simply have the hard drive replaced an cloned for you. You can go to a local computer repair store and ask how much would it cost to clone the data on the current hard drive to a new hard drive (which you buy yourself) and then install the new hard drive. Another option is to go to Best Buy and stop by the Geek Squad area and ask them.

Solution