GabrielTomas

Estimable
Feb 16, 2014
Hi, everyone! Is there a way to unlock my BIOS? Cause I need to configure my cpu clocks to optimize my system and stuff?

My computer model is: ASUS RoG G46VW, the BIOS is:

- AMERICAN MEGATRENS Inc.G46VW.210, 04/02/13
- Version 2.7
- Mode UEFI

I really need this, please help me...

Solution
Did you update the BIOS to the latest? If you can't OC in BIOS, try using the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU). It should allow you to OC the CPU but with very limited options.

cub_fanatic

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
Did you update the BIOS to the latest? If you can't OC in BIOS, try using the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU). It should allow you to OC the CPU but with very limited options.

Solution

GabrielTomas

Estimable
Feb 16, 2014

Thank you I'm gonna try it now ;)

GabrielTomas

Estimable
Feb 16, 2014

I cannot do anything with that program its all options blocked

menetlaus

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2007
You are using a laptop, often the speed settings in laptops are very locked down/restricted.

You might have better luck asking that question in a ASUS or laptop specific forum (not Toms hardware) as it may require voiding the warrenty and fair bit of work to unlock the settings (if even possible)

cub_fanatic

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
It would make sense that Asus and Intel wouldn't want you to OC it since the heat sink and fan assembly is designed to run at the maximum clock and to operate at a certain max TDP. Even if you do figure out a way to unlock the multiplier and other settings, it might not be a good thing as the heat could possibly ruin your CPU if you are not careful. In your original post, you said you needed to do this because you wanted to "optimize your system..." There are other ways besides OC'ing the CPU to get more performance. Do you have a SSD? How much RAM? You might even want to try removing some of the "bloatware" that Asus tends to include with their laptops.