Solved! I need to connect my Firestick to a projector, but want the sound to come through my receiver.

Feb 24, 2019
I have my Firestick connected to my projector with an HDMI for the video signal, but I want my audio to come from my 20 year old Adcom Receiver ( no HDMI). Can I use an HDMI splitter to send a signal to the projector and a signal to the receiver with a HDMI to RCA and just use the 2 audio wires? Does the splitter need to be powered type? Do HDMI to RCA jacks degrade the signal? Thanks

Solution
I would suggest you get an HDMI input selector with audio extraction.
Connect the Firestick to one of its' HDMI inputs. Any other sources connect to the other inputs.
Connect the HDMI output of the selector to the projector. Connect the appropriate audio output of the selector to the Adcom. If the Adcom has digital inputs then use one of them. If it doesn't then use the analog audio output.
I would suggest you get an HDMI input selector with audio extraction.
Connect the Firestick to one of its' HDMI inputs. Any other sources connect to the other inputs.
Connect the HDMI output of the selector to the projector. Connect the appropriate audio output of the selector to the Adcom. If the Adcom has digital inputs then use one of them. If it doesn't then use the analog audio output.

Solution