Solved! I need to write emails while driving.... Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2020
Does anyone else find the need to "write" emails while driving? I'm not saying take your eyes off the road, but I am looking for a great mobile assistant, ideally something that would integrate well with Android Auto or Apple Car Play. Just picked up a new Toyota Rav4 that features both Android Auto and Apple Car Play, so really either would work. I would love to send emails during my long commute of 10 hours per week. Any simple voice activated system.

Feb 20, 2020
I agree with helpstar, there is no great solution. My contacts are used to getting hilarious voice-to-text communications from me, it's become part of our work culture now, learning to decipher some of the weirdness. Clearly what we need is simply better voice-recognition software for our travels!

On that tangent, does anyone else find themselves talking more loudly in an attempt to get the software to be more accurate? My wife likes to point out that I talk to by apps as if they are hard of hearing and stupid... they are!

And of course the final comment has to be: if you can't get an email to work while driving, for the love of heaven, pull over and lose that precious 60 seconds (that's all the time it takes to pull to the side, then rev up again for traffic). My life got much better once I realized that not everything has to be done within seconds, unless you're on an emergency response team.

Reactions: Forensics_Doc
Status
Not open for further replies.