I only have one option, 2.1 on realtek audio manager. how can I have a surround option like 5.1? please help me!

tafjelg

Estimable
Dec 1, 2015
I only have one option, 2.1 on realtek audio manager. how can I have a surround option like 5.1? please help me!

i thought as much.

laptops generally are only capable of 2.0 or 2.1 output (a single 3.5mm cable) which is why you have no option for greater than this in your sound options.

if you have headphones and want "virtual surround" for 5.1/7.1 you could try razers free virtual surround software. or, if you do not want to go that route you would need an external soundcard with virtual surround built into it.

if you want to connect a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker system, you will need to buy an external soundcard to support it as pc speaker systems use 3 x 3.5mm connectors for this.

if you have a home theater system you are connecting to, you would want to use hdmi.

tafjelg

Estimable
Dec 1, 2015
Thank you so much. You are precisely right. I connected my laptop with my home theater through an HDMI cable and the options in configuring speakers came out including 5.1 or 7.1 options. Otherwise, I only had 2.0 with the 3.5 connector. Thank you again and the Lord bless you for your kindness and patience.