I opened my Toshiba satellite and it's in the process of shutting down

Hi,

If I understand the issue correctly the laptop will not shut down or will just stay on? Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start with a hard reboot, unplug it's AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it.
- If it doesn't work reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of second then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Again if these doesn't work but you can hear the laptop on but with no display, connect an external monitor and see if it would display anything because if it does that means it's the built in display that is faulty.
- Next to try is if your AC adapter is still okay by trying another AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it would work.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 6
S Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 2
E Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 7
O Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 4
C Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 2
Similar threads
Question Can't open bios. Changed to legacy boot Toshiba p75 a 7200
Toshiba Laptop stuck on opening screen.
how to open webcam from toshiba laptop
how can I open my DVD on a dead Toshiba L775 laptop?
Old Toshiba laptop won't open Windows after reinstall
My L key of my toshiba laptop is not supporting I can't open my lap , because secured by password, L also included my password
My Toshiba satellite cant open any moreit keeps bringing me the SUPERAntispyware page.
My Toshiba satellite laptop will not load any pages I cannot open my start menu Internet none of my icons on my desktop. Can y
i have a toshiba satellite L740- P4010 laptop, it's bios not open what i do?
does my toshiba satellite c55b5299 come with a dvd/cd drive and if so how do i access it to open
toshiba satellite b 55 has no way to open cd/dvd player.. i cant find it at all HELP
I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and I can't find the way to open the place to put a DC or a DVD..can you help me?
I can't figure out how to open disk drive toshiba satellite C50-B
Newly formatted Toshiba satellite with Linux on it refuses to open the BIOS menu.
(Toshiba Satellite) Opened Rear Cover, LCD Screen Black
how to open cd drive on my toshiba satellite C55-B5298
I opened now My new Toshiba Satellite and the monitor is Black: I just see the mouse's arrow.
open the disc draw on a toshiba satellite c50D-B-120
How to open rear cover on Toshiba Satellite C55-A5285?
how do i open the webcam on my Toshiba Satellite C 500 laptop ?

ASK THE COMMUNITY