i pay for grandsons phone data plan with AT&T. Can i somehow get wifi to him and/or my other grandsons tablet with a route

ladygray06

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
My email address is * Mod edit for personal info *. I am very technically challenged and have no idea exactly what I'm asking or probably how to fulfill your suggestions unless they are set out step by step. Thank you very much for your time. Paula Martin, ladygray06

Solution
you may want change out your email before you get spammed. paula a few simple question are you asking to put the tablet on wifi at home or when your grandson pop in and says hi to you. if it a home if there mom and dad have an isp account with comcast/.verizion or another cable company then they need a wifi router. if there provider did not give them a modem/router combo. if they did then they turn on the wifi part of the modem and set a password and network name.
if it for your home for when they come.
http://www.target.com/p/netgear-n150-wireless-router-black-wnr1000/-/A-14092267#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink
if you have a pc and modem. you plug the modem into this part then turn on wifi and put in a wifi name like home and then a password...
you may want change out your email before you get spammed. paula a few simple question are you asking to put the tablet on wifi at home or when your grandson pop in and says hi to you. if it a home if there mom and dad have an isp account with comcast/.verizion or another cable company then they need a wifi router. if there provider did not give them a modem/router combo. if they did then they turn on the wifi part of the modem and set a password and network name.
if it for your home for when they come.
http://www.target.com/p/netgear-n150-wireless-router-black-wnr1000/-/A-14092267#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink
if you have a pc and modem. you plug the modem into this part then turn on wifi and put in a wifi name like home and then a password so only you and your family could log onto the router.
for people that not tech savy use a label maker and make a label for the bottom of the router for the network name and the wep password. if you forget the wep/wpa password you can always flip the unit over and read it.

Solution

You can't "send" them wifi from your house unless they are in the same house or very close and you use a directional antenna to point at his house from yours. The need to connect to the WiFi signal at their house, but that will work easily.