Sorry it this posted twice.(or more) i just joined this community.
yes it probably did melt. you should be able to mechanically push it in and out gently by hand with no power applied.
when I have seen this problem before, as a repair technician, I cut the speaker open and found the
voice coil burned and the form, de-formed badly enough that it would not move within the magnet.
typical cause would be too much applied power such that the coil and form cannot dissipate the heat fast enough.
usually you'd see this in less expensive speakers.
check your other speaker to see if it moves smoothly in and out. if you feel it hit the back of the magnet as you
push it in, then it has been over-extended and will make nasty sounds upon loudest passages as it hits the back of the
magnet. very easy to hear
oh, and your ohmeter will probably read open on the stuck speaker. possibly 0 ohms but more likely open ( infinity )