i really wish to play that game ;(

sharkas90

Commendable
May 30, 2016
i've bought arkham knight and installed it .. when i tried to play it i encountered a huge amount of lags and the game is barely running i guess its running at 12-18 fps and i re-checked that with the benchmark in game, ive tried to tinker with the config file turned off ever extra feature like blue and DOF but still the fps as it was no change till i messed the file badly and now i cant run the game at all it doesnt but i will reinstall it no problem .

i need ur help .. im sure there is something wrong with the configs i was hoping i can get at least 30-35 fps with some extra features like light shafts and such .. but now i cant even play it even with all the feature turned off and the details on the lowest, whilst i am able to play the previous batman games perfectly stable with highest settings on my laptop and still playing ORIGINS no problems .

my laptop specs are :
Dell inspiron 15 3000 series
i5 4210U 1.70GHZ ~ 3.0GHZ
nVidia 820m 2GB
4GB Ram
Win 7 sp1 64bit - Enterprise
i really appreciate ur help in advance :)

Solution

Sell laptop, buy one with a video card made for gaming. You can fit an elephant into a Cooper Mini but neither the car nor the elephant will be of much use afterwards. Trying to play a demanding poorly optimized game on a non-gaming laptop is about the same.

For a gaming system, you'e want something with a 960m video card, although a 940m or 950m will handle most games at low settings at 720 resolution.

sharkas90

Commendable
May 30, 2016
@supernina12, ya i know thanks for remindind.. but i was hoping for some tweaking to the graphics config file maybe turning off some features would help.
i've tried it several times before in some games and it works .
thanks for ur answer anyway :)

sharkas90

Commendable
May 30, 2016
ok good new is i managed to raise FPS up to 28 by tweaking the BMsystemsettings config file but still the shadows are on and still there blur ... but at least my theory proved right .
all i need is some help from a professional plsss - it will work :D

TerryLaze

Commendable
May 9, 2016
I don't know if you just recently got internet and missed the whole tumult about this game but you should know that arkham knight is one of the worst optimized games ever.
It needs a beefy system and 16Gb ram to play smooth,and although most of the times the ram requirements are phony this game will stutter and run poorly with less.

Sell laptop, buy one with a video card made for gaming. You can fit an elephant into a Cooper Mini but neither the car nor the elephant will be of much use afterwards. Trying to play a demanding poorly optimized game on a non-gaming laptop is about the same.

For a gaming system, you'e want something with a 960m video card, although a 940m or 950m will handle most games at low settings at 720 resolution.

Solution

ikaz

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2005
Also sorry this post won't really help you with playing this game but as stated earlier the PC version of Batman was/is garage it was pulled several times because how crappy it was ported to the PC. If possible try to return the game (not sure if Origins allows that like steam) because people really shouldn't be supporting a studio that allows that. The 2nd issue is your laptop is really not made to play "new" games. The original batman games that you played before were made to run on a home console that was released in 2006 which is why you were able play them. It you really want to game more (and future) and it has to be a mobile plant form I would really suggest looking into getting a new laptop I have seen laptops for at or under $700 now with 960M installed that would allow you to game for at least the next 3-4 years (though you may have to drop to 720p as time goes on).

TRENDING THREADS