I recently bought 65" Samsung TV w a bluetooth TV sound bar and sub woofer. I would like to incorporate that into my Onkyo rec

WMT61

Prominent
May 23, 2017
I recently bought 65" Samsung TV w a bluetooth TV sound bar and sub woofer. I would like to incorporate that into my Onkyo receiver. I currently use HDMI ARC from receiver to TV to utilize my existing surround sound system. However, I would like to incorporate the Samsung bluetooth sound bar as a supplement to system. Note: I have no cable box. Streaming only. Recap:
Onkyo receiver w HDMI ARC to TV for existing 5 speaker surround system. How can I get a Samsung bluetooth soundbar to join amd work w system.

Solution
You will just screw up your surround sound adding the soundbar to play at the same time.
If you want to use the soundbar instead of the surround system then connect it to the TV and turn off the surround sound. You may have to change the audio output of the TV too.
If your Onkyo happens to have audio out connector - a Bluetooth transmitter there, paired with the speakers, should work, but I do suspect that two speaker sets will be out of sync due to Bluetooth delays. You might try connecting a BT transmitter directly to the TV (either thru optical out, or headphones), but again, audio might be out of sync.