I recently reset my Acer computer to factory settings, thinking it would wipe Windows 10 off and re-install Windows 8. I delet

JulienA

Estimable
Apr 26, 2015
I recently reset my Acer computer to factory settings, thinking it would wipe Windows 10 off and re-install Windows 8. I deleted the partition drives, which I believe to be a mistake. i made a recovery media, but at the time that Windows 10 TP was installed. Now I just want to be able to use the computer, even if it means installing Windows 10 again. I thought that when I reset the Pc it would re-install Windows 8.

JulienA

Estimable
Apr 26, 2015

Well I just looked it and this is what I found
"You won't be able to use your recovery partition to downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 or similar. If you have a recovery partition on your system, it will no longer be able to restore your computer to the version of Windows you had before. And, as you'd expect from a system with no recovery partition, you'll need to install a previous version of Windows from a DVD or USB drive when it comes to overwriting or wiping your Windows 10 install."
http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/operating-systems/installing-windows-10-technical-preview-here-s-10-things-you-should-know-1267520

What do you suggest I do?