Question I saw a flame during screen repair. What did I mess up?

Dec 30, 2019
I’m an old guy who just started learning to fix iPhones. Started with screens and YouTube vids. Replaced a screen on an 8 and forgot to unhook the battery. Flame came from the front cam ribbon only. Hooked the screen up and nothing works. Did I fry the logic board? Or did I fry the screen? Battery? Or all of it? What product can I order to test the screens and logic boards separately?

Sep 16, 2019
I’m an old guy who just started learning to fix iPhones. Started with screens and YouTube vids. Replaced a screen on an 8 and forgot to unhook the battery. Flame came from the front cam ribbon only. Hooked the screen up and nothing works. Did I fry the logic board? Or did I fry the screen? Battery? Or all of it? What product can I order to test the screens and logic boards separately?
lol... I think u fried the motherboard of the phone.

There is no way to find out what was damaged exactly without having the phone there to look at. To test the parts you would need to transfer them to a working phone and see when the other phone starts working. Or replace parts one at a time till you find one that makes the phone start working. There is no "cell phone parts tester" you can buy.

Reactions: Nameistrey