I skipped the iPhone 13 — and this is the iPhone 14 model I'm buying

Cerberus44

Commendable
Feb 20, 2020
I am SOOOO underwhelmed. First by your article which basically says nothing of why you would be excited by the iPhone 14 & secondly by what I read or hear regarding the iPhone 14. Many articles I’ve read online which say a lot but at the same time say next to nothing like yours does. All they ever do is retread the same old stuff. With only a couple of weeks till it’s launch I/we still don’t know a damn thing about this phone.

So you like the improved camera. WOWEE! Again no real details are being given about this phone, & anything thats speculated about it, they print an addendum saying that “this is probably not true”. What’s said about it? Maybe a bigger battery, “Ok”. Screen size/resolution? “Uhhh we really didn’t improve that”. Memory? “Uhhh, not really”. Higher pro motion rate? “Nah”. USB C port or heck maybe NO port? “We don’t think so”. Wireless charging? ”Don’t count on it boobie!” Improved processor? “That’s a maybe solider, & if we do it’s only on 2 models we “might” offer it & even then we won’t say how much and of what. Just be glad we’ll give it a different name”. The new Bluetooth version at last? “God knows”. Wifi 6e? “Yeah that could happen but then again maybe it wont. We’re silly like that. What are you a critic? We’re waiting for Wi-Fi 10.” New design? “It’s this way, it’s that way, it’s longer, shorter, thicker, slimmer. Yep a NEW design!”

It’s pretty clear at this point that Apple has got NOTHING any longer when it comes to their flagship product. It’s obvious that the iPhone is something that they don’t know WHAT to do with anymore & i”m not sure what you’re so eager to spend your money on but hey pick your poison. When I read articles about the iPhone 14 I have to fight to stay awake because it’s so boring. Is ANYTHING going to be “new” or ”different“ about this phone at all except the model #? Seriously.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2022
For me all current iPhone cameras are more than enough. What me really annoys is the 60 hz screen on my iPhone 12 .
So much that i tried an 400€ Android because i didn't want to spend the 3 times higher price for an iPhone with ProMotion. In the end i turned it back because Android is still inconsistent over different brands. Surprisingly i had no ArCore and Widevine L1 support, necessary for Netflix in HD and a horrible image stabilization, but an powerful Snapdragon 870.
The Phone had the option to switch between 144, 90 and 60 hz, one thing i realized is that the 90 hz experience felt closer to 144hz than 60 hz even if its in fact closer to 60hz. My decision for the next iPhone 14 Max vs 13 or 14 Pro Max depends on if the 14 Max has a 90 or 60 hz display and the charging speeds. After using a Xiaomi BlackShark 4 for about two weeks i really missing the 67 Watt charger that fully charged the phone from 0 to 100 percent in about 25 minutes. Charging an iPhone 12 with 18 Watts feels like a big joke now.

Last edited: