Question I spilled almond milk on my Asus Tuf FX505

Dec 9, 2020
Hi, could use some advice on my Asus Tuf FX505 that I spilled almond milk on about a week ago. It was probably around a quarter cup or less. The laptop was on my lap so when I spilled, I moved the laptop at an angle so the milk rolled off. The laptop never was turned off and I noticed no issue, except a message that said a USB port malfunctioned that went away within a couple of seconds. I checked everything (HDMI, power connector, ethernet, usb ports) shortly after and today and they're working. The spill was on the top left portion of the laptop where the ESC, tilda and tab buttons are so it impacted the power connector, HDMI, fan, ethernet, and a USB device. Other than the USB malfunction message, the laptop was never turned off and haven't seen any issues. What do you recommend, if anything?

Here's an image of where the impact was circled in red
https://ibb.co/QKGvCYZ

Hi, could use some advice on my Asus Tuf FX505 that I spilled almond milk on about a week ago. It was probably around a quarter cup or less. The laptop was on my lap so when I spilled, I moved the laptop at an angle so the milk rolled off. The laptop never was turned off and I noticed no issue, except a message that said a USB port malfunctioned that went away within a couple of seconds. I checked everything (HDMI, power connector, ethernet, usb ports) shortly after and today and they're working. The spill was on the top left portion of the laptop where the ESC, tilda and tab buttons are so it impacted the power connector, HDMI, fan, ethernet, and a USB device. Other than the USB malfunction message, the laptop was never turned off and haven't seen any issues. What do you recommend, if anything?

Here's an image of where the impact was circled in red
https://ibb.co/QKGvCYZ

Not sure what the question is. You said its all working, so what is the issue? Did you clean up the spill and let the laptop dry out for a day or two? Past that if everything is working, nothing else you need to do. Just do backups of your files like you should be anyway and keep using it.