I spoke to Sprint serve rep. He was very helpful, got the numbers, was friendly and all set to do it but when checked, said iP

Peter_81

Estimable
Jan 9, 2016
Rep says iPhone 5 doesn't do DSU, just international. I got his job ID number and said I was calling FCC and he stuck to his story. ???????

Solution
Call them again, hope for a different rep. Barring that, go above them. Request to speak to their manager/supervisor. As long as you aren't under contract with them and you don't have an outstanding balance on your account/device, they are legally obligated to unlock your phone. There should not be a difference between DSU and international unlocks, since it's all been folded into the same process last I checked.
Call them again, hope for a different rep. Barring that, go above them. Request to speak to their manager/supervisor. As long as you aren't under contract with them and you don't have an outstanding balance on your account/device, they are legally obligated to unlock your phone. There should not be a difference between DSU and international unlocks, since it's all been folded into the same process last I checked.

Solution