I test gaming PCs for a living — here are 5 accessories I can't live without

Apr 22, 2023
And my iCUE 5000X RGB doesn't even have a window over there on the PSU Shroud🤔.. is there any 5000X variants that have a window in PSU shroud or is it just a well done modding over there?

guitarpete987

Commendable
Apr 25, 2020
PC components like GPU and case are now considered accessories?
Well, yes, if they have specialized uses or functions. You don't NEED a dedicated GPU for a PC to run, nor do you need a case with special lighting.

In those circumstances I think they do fit the categorization of "accessory". 😁✌🏼

Apr 23, 2023
Wow... get get paid to plug overpriced brand names much? LG makes better monitors that Alienware and for a much more reasonable price. Also a wrist rest from Razer? That markup in price is probably hilarious. I can get a wrist rest on Amazon made in china almost as nice for 1/10th the price.

Apr 23, 2023
Well, yes, if they have specialized uses or functions. You don't NEED a dedicated GPU for a PC to run, nor do you need a case with special lighting.

In those circumstances I think they do fit the categorization of "accessory"

As a pc gaming tester, wouldn't he be sort of missing the point of testing a system if he's throwing in a 4090 on it?
Besides this, the article title also states these are accessories the guy can't live without. Not sure he really needs that particular case given not all gaming pcs he's testing will come in the same box.

Apr 24, 2023

In those circumstances I think they do fit the categorization of "accessory". 😁✌🏼
Huh, yeah I guess if you just act like a smart-ass anything can be whatever you want it to be. What a whimisical childlike imagination you have

Sim2er

Commendable
Mar 7, 2022
The only thing I'd consider to be an accessory on this list is the wrist rest

"Five PC accessories I can't live without"

"Literally just my PC and a wrist rest."

Great list you got there. 😂
The controller 🎮 is an accessory (at least for PC)!

It does feel like they heydey of offbeat accessories is coming to a close. I still have my USB sound-blaster DAC, Razer Hydra motion sensor, Logitech flight joystick, 3D spacemouse, and a steering wheel. The real problem is that I don't have the desk space for all of them at once, so I definitely 'live without' them sometimes.

May 18, 2023
I also liked this guy's article about his 5 favorite car accessories
1. Tires
2. Engine
3. Steering wheel
4. Brakes
5. Air freshener