I test TVs for a living, and this was my favorite 4K TV of 2022

Dec 27, 2022
I just bought a new 55" C2. It's replacing a 55" Panasonic plasma, and I have to say, the LG pic lsnt as good. The plasma just looks more natural, the oled picture looks kind of fake I guess I'd call it. I'm not impressed at all. I'm actually kind of disappointed to be honest.
I'm disappointed that this is the new benchmark for televisions. I also have a Pioneer Elite and it's miles better, it's just looks more real and sharp. Im gonna be real disappointed when that TV finally dies.

Dec 28, 2022
Rkwjunior, I recommend you tweak the settings. My personal experience with the OLED LG is to customize the settings as soon as you set it up. I usually spend a week fine tuning to my desired settings as out of the box it's either too bright, or too dim, or
over contrasted, and whatever else. Not knocking on your experience, just giving a tip of what I had to do with mine to get it perfect for my eyes. :)

Dec 28, 2022
@admin how is this TV possibly better than the QDs like the S95B or the A95K? everything I've seen everywhere indicates that those are better, yet I keep seeing the LG C2 held up as the best somehow. Honestly I'm seeing the C2 so much it's made me wonder if LG isn't paying for these reviews somehow. Is it a cost thing? Because they're not THAT far apart, both over $1000, with the C2 being about $300 or so cheaper, and I could buy the argument that the C2 is possibly SO good that the extra cash for these first-gen QDs aren't worth it yet, but C2 as the "best"? Something seems off here.

Reactions: Skyhi_r33
Dec 28, 2022
I am in 100% agreement that the QD-oled tv is far Superior especially in bright rooms they have a max nit of 1500 with all the benifits of a oled panels perfect blacks

djcalligraphy

Prominent
Sep 24, 2022
@admin how is this TV possibly better than the QDs like the S95B or the A95K? everything I've seen everywhere indicates that those are better, yet I keep seeing the LG C2 held up as the best somehow. Honestly I'm seeing the C2 so much it's made me wonder if LG isn't paying for these reviews somehow. Is it a cost thing? Because they're not THAT far apart, both over $1000, with the C2 being about $300 or so cheaper, and I could buy the argument that the C2 is possibly SO good that the extra cash for these first-gen QDs aren't worth it yet, but C2 as the "best"? Something seems off here.

They're talking about the best TV in terms of value, not overall best picture. The best picture award would always go to a TV with an insane, unattainable price, and these articles wouldn't be relatable at all. I agree with TG, the C2 gives the best picture FOR THE PRICE.

djcalligraphy

Prominent
Sep 24, 2022
I just bought a new 55" C2. It's replacing a 55" Panasonic plasma, and I have to say, the LG pic lsnt as good. The plasma just looks more natural, the oled picture looks kind of fake I guess I'd call it. I'm not impressed at all. I'm actually kind of disappointed to be honest.
I'm disappointed that this is the new benchmark for televisions. I also have a Pioneer Elite and it's miles better, it's just looks more real and sharp. Im gonna be real disappointed when that TV finally dies.

Check out Rtings website for calibration. While every TV differs once you get down to the fine tuning, their calibration guides are usually spot-on for the basic settings tweaks. It makes a world of difference and they've already done all of the testing so you don't have to.

Dec 30, 2022

It's quite simple. LG C2 has Dolby Vision. Samsung = no Dolby vision. The only TV superior would be the Sony A95k but at $3000 vs $1700 it's a big price jump. I don't know how anyone could buy a Samsung when it literally prevents you from seeing the best part of 4k and that is seeing a movie how the director wanted you to see it.

52.bill.bell

Estimable
Oct 22, 2018
I've been looking for a 2nd monitor/TV for my computer. I use it as a monitor, streaming and Over-The-Air (OTA) TV, It has a 42" version which is perfect. I was ready to get it until I realized doesn't support ATSC 3.0. I generally keep a TV for 10 years. Although ATSC 3.0 is new it would be short sighted not to get one with ATSC 3.0 support. I'm sort of surprised you would recommend this TV or at least mention that it doesn't support ATSC 3.0. I'm looking at the Samsung QN90B now.

TRENDING THREADS