News I tried AirPods Pro for running — and it was a big fail

rattlhed

Honorable
Nov 25, 2015
For every negative review, there's a positive one...

I've been running with AirPods pro for a year now, averaging about 180 miles a month, including a couple of half marathon races. They are easily the best headphones I've used for running. They sound fantastic, the transparency mode allows me to enjoy music while hearing everything around me. And they stay in my ears without any issues. Yesterday I ran 14 miles and didn't have to touch/adjust my AirPods in my ears once.

Everyone's ears are slightly different. They fit mine perfectly and stay put. Sorry they didn't work out for you, but I thought I'd share my story for any readers who are considering these for their own workouts. Give them a try, they might fail you, or you might be like me and find them the best headphones you've ever used for running.

Reactions: Rob B.
Aug 1, 2021
Same as both guys above me. I've been running with my AirPods Pro 5 to 10 miles a day for almost 5 months now and never have I had a problem with them falling out. The sound is amazing, and the transparency mode lets me hear my surroundings. It'd be very tough for me to replace these with something else. The integration with my iPhone and Apple watch is just phenomenal. These are definitely keepers for me.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2021
I run around 3-4 miles a day with the AirPods pro. I've done HIIT workouts, free-weights, even swimming without them coming loose. I really don't understand this article. Maybe she doesn't have the right tip in her ear?

Aug 2, 2021
How about instead of shaming the product because YOU couldn't operate them properly and try foam tips from comply. I use them for running 6 days a week and they NEVER fall out.

They sound perfect, the noise cancel and transparency features work awesome with the full seal that the foam eartips provide. BEST running headphones / earbuds ive ever had. Im a DJ and audiophile and have had bose, jaybirds, samsung you name it. Airpod pro's are the best by a landslide.

Aug 2, 2021
I love my airpods pro when i am at my desk, but if i move they fall out. The latex earhooks are the only product that kept them in place, and while that worked it hurt my ear. I do however love using the powerbeats pro for running. I dont agree with other comments that anyone is wearing them wrong. Everyone has a different shaped ear.