I tried doing this but it still doesnt work

Jan 17, 2019
samsung firmware update for amazon prime--downloaded the files from samsung website and tried uploading through usb but it still doesnt work...model number is UA46ES5600R...Please tell if there is any other way

Jan 17, 2019

Hi...I was replying to a post about firmware update of a Samsung smart tv using the firmware from the Samsung website and then using a usb to install this in the tv...for amazon prime app.

I have a Samsung tv model number UA46ES5600R
The amazon prime used to work before but has stopped now and I get a msg saying it needs firmware update. I downloaded the firmware from Samsung Malaysia site(as only the Malaysia site had the exact model number and the tv says made in Malaysia) but when I try to update using the usb, it doesn’t detect any new hardware. It also says”no new update available” when i try doing it online.

I have also tried plugging off the tv and restarting it but that doesn’t work either...

Please reply if you have any other ideas on how to make this work...

Regards,
Aseem

Jan 17, 2019

Hi..yes. I called Samsung they said my tv is 2011 model and Samsung will remove all these apps in all tvs before 2012. She said I was lucky that netflix and some other apps were still working:)

The other solution that i have heard may work is to buy an android box and then stream it to the tv.will update how that works..currently using amazon prime on my laptop only.