I turned off my Asus laptop, and turned it back on later that day. It says its on, but the screen is black and I can't turn it

Gray_Fullbuster404

Estimable
Sep 20, 2015
Like I said in the question. I turned my Asus laptop off and then later I turned it back on. It says its on but the screen is black. Now even if I press and or hold down the power button it won't turn off. I have plugged it up with its charger, but it doesn't say it charging. I don't know what to do or how to fix it. Can someone please help me?

Hi,

First try to do a hard reset with it, remove the battery and charger then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Put everything back together and power it on see if does load just fine. Next is to try hooking up an external monitor into your laptop and see if it will display your desktop if it does that is an indication that your LCD display has gone bad.

peacemaker7777

Estimable
Oct 23, 2015

I also have the same problem, but I have dropped it and before it died. the colors went super spazzy. Now I use a VGA cable and a monitor, which works, but I would really like to fix this goddarn thing!