I upgraded my gateway lt2023u to windows 10 and now it's dead.

washingtonpest

Estimable
Nov 16, 2015
I upgraded my gateway lt2032u to windows 10 and now it's dead. The upgrade went fine but later when I put it in sleep mode it wouldn't wake up. When I push the power button I hear the fan run but then nothing. Completely blank screen. Unplugged it and removed battery and even disk drive but when I power it on just a blank screen. Crl-Alt-Del doesn't do anything nor does pushing any F button while powering up. The screen stays blank. It's like the BIOS is dead. Does anyone have a solution or did Windows 10 brick the netbook.

washingtonpest

Estimable
Nov 16, 2015
Thanks but I've already tried all that. But the computer has mysteriously raised itself from the dead. A Zombie? I had removed battery, memory, disk drive and power. Waited 10 minutes and then hooked power back up and still nothing on the screen. It should have had something on the screen. Tried various function keys and esc key and ctrl alt shift. Nothing. I reinstalled all the hardware and powered on but still nothing. Left it powered on for a couple of hours, still a blank screen. But then the next morning when I powered it up with all the hardware installed it mysteriously booted up like there was never a problem. I've been working with computers for decades and I've never seen anything like this. Windows 10 seems to have added a new feature. Choose what happens when you close the lid: Sleep, Hibernate, Shutdown, Zombie.
Thanks for the reply.