I use these 3 apps to completely customize my Windows desktop

Feb 21, 2023
Sorry but I’m wondering why you have not upgraded to Windows 11 yet? I should think as someone writing technological posts that you should at least acknowledge and recognise that most users will pretty much use what is on their machine as standard and currently that is the most up to date software out there, Windows 11. tomsguide used to be the goto place for cutting edge hardware (and software) news but I feel like I fell into a dusty old book containing knowledge that may have been interesting and relevant once a long time ago but is of little to no importance today. At least set one of your desktops to the more modern versions of software so that you’re up to date on an everyday regular user basis at least, otherwise you will become another dinosaur offering pointless outdated advice which can all honestly be done for free without the paid option. Anyway I hope this is taken as constructive criticism as I’m only saying what I see from what I just read, and if you want something more up to date then you should check out the handheld PC scene which has really fired up. Have a great day

Feb 21, 2023
What wallpaper is that?
I literally read this article because I've used that wallpaper for years... LOL.

It is a color variation on one of the default AOSP wallpapers from Android 6 Lollipop. That was when they first released the "Material Design" design language back in 2014. This specific design was changed to a bunch of different colors, I always liked this dark grey red combo. The original was light grey and an almost neon green. You can still find it if you Google: “Android Material Design desktop Wallpapers“

Feb 22, 2023
Thank you for this article. I just downloaded and set up RocketDock and Rainmeter and love the new look of my homescreen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Corb06

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2015
LoL! I almost have the exact same setup. But Im using Stardocks Objectdock instead of very old Rocketdock. Also using StartMenu 11. And on top of that I have Auto Dark Mode with wallpaper change at sunset and sunrise.
hJNkmU6.jpg