I want to add a secondary SSD to my new Dell XPS 9360 so I have two SSDs inside the laptop. How do I do that?

Solution

Yep, so goes the research avenue to a new build...

leden

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017
I'm comfortable putting in a secondary SSD, but not replacing a primary one. I talked to Dell and it looks like I have to return the laptop as it only takes one drive. I can buy another one with a 1 TB SSD, or apparently the XPS 9350 (which I think is the model prior to the XPS 9360 that I purchased) has two SSD slots so I could go back and buy the older model. Or buy a Latitude as they all have two slots. What a nuisance! Why doesn't Dell make it clearer on the website whether the laptop has two SSD slots or not?? Before buying the XPS 9360, I also spoke with two Dell sales reps -- one on CHAT and the other on the telephone -- and they both told me there was a second drive slot.

aquielisunari

Distinguished

Yep, so goes the research avenue to a new build. This time you know to confirm the specs. in at least 2 different places. Coming here to ask about a possible purchase can help too. http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3255439/ssd-form-factor-xps-9360.html

Good luck with whatever path you choose.

Local PC shops can do more complicated installs that may include cloning. It'll probably be fairly inexpensive.

Solution