i want to hook up a dvd external to my nextbook. will it support this

MissPatty

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016
I have a Memorex cd/dvd writer. I would like to connect it to my nextbook. it has usb ports on both sides of keyboard. the cable that came with the cd/dvd writer has one for 2 ports. my problem is I can get it to show in my devices. but can not get it to read anything. It would not start installation with the disk. What am I doing wrong?

Solution
Do you have the cable for the cd/dvd writer plugged into 2 usb ports on your nextbook? It's possible you aren't getting enough power from the nextbook if only using 1 port. I had that problem with an external portable HDD. With only 1 connection, the light would come on and it would show in my devices, but it wasn't getting enough power to actually function until I plugged it into 2 usb ports.
Do you have the cable for the cd/dvd writer plugged into 2 usb ports on your nextbook? It's possible you aren't getting enough power from the nextbook if only using 1 port. I had that problem with an external portable HDD. With only 1 connection, the light would come on and it would show in my devices, but it wasn't getting enough power to actually function until I plugged it into 2 usb ports.

Solution

MissPatty

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016

MissPatty

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016
Yes butbit has one on each side of the keyboard. So in order to getbit to reach I had to use an sub extention. My keyboard disconnects from the tablet if that is any help. Butbit have it as laptop most of the time. It has Windows10 installed. If I kept the power cord plugged in would that help?

Not sure if having the ac adapter plugged in would make a difference or not, but it is certainly worth a try.