I want to purchase the 11.6 Chromebook with intel Processed by Asus, can anyone tell me something about it? Doesn't have a pla

Regina66

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
Info on the Asus 11.6 Chromebook with intel Processor. Does it have a place for a flash drive? Do it have any Microsoft words?

Solution
Chromebooks are not the same as a laptop running Windows (or even a Mac). Chromebooks use Chrome OS which is basically a browser not a "true" operating system like Windows (or Mac OS). You cannot install any software on it and which means you cannot install MS Office (or Libre Office) on it. You cannot even install printer drivers on a Chromebook since it uses the internet to print. That means a networked printer is required to print from a Chromebook.

The standard office suite for Chromebooks is Google Docs. But there is also Microsoft's Office Online that can be used with a Chromebook. It is a mostly free app for you to use, but I do not know any specifics.

There are multiple Asus Chromebooks with an Intel CPU so no specific specs...
It has two USB ports and a one micro port but it won't come with Microsoft anything.

If you mean MS Office Word, you will be able to use Libre Office to open existing documents and spreadsheets and create new ones in Libre Office Writer and Calc.

That Chromebook doesn't do well incomparison with the more expensive Toshiba version but if price is essential to you, it will do a fairly good job.

Any personal information you put on it will become the property of Google so you must accept a lot of adverts, tracking and Spam mails when you use it.

Chromebooks are not the same as a laptop running Windows (or even a Mac). Chromebooks use Chrome OS which is basically a browser not a "true" operating system like Windows (or Mac OS). You cannot install any software on it and which means you cannot install MS Office (or Libre Office) on it. You cannot even install printer drivers on a Chromebook since it uses the internet to print. That means a networked printer is required to print from a Chromebook.

The standard office suite for Chromebooks is Google Docs. But there is also Microsoft's Office Online that can be used with a Chromebook. It is a mostly free app for you to use, but I do not know any specifics.

There are multiple Asus Chromebooks with an Intel CPU so no specific specs can be given. I will refer to the following Asis CS300SA 13.3" Chromebook from Best Buy for $230. It has two 3.0 USB ports and a SD card reader that can be used to expand storage.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-c300sa-13-3-chromebook-intel-celeron-4gb-memory-16gb-emmc-flash-memory-cool-black/5304400.p?skuId=5304400&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=500d22fd-3d25-4ed0-bcd4-be5f1779f9c9&ksprof_id=8&ksaffcode=pg200277&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

Many people assume the SD card reader will allow you to fully insert a SD card into the slot. This is a false assumption since many laptops do that. Some laptops has SD card reader slots that are shallow on more than half of the SD card will stick out. Therefore, you need to do research especially if you expect the SD card to act like "permanent storage" which means the SD card needs to be inserted as far as possible.

USB flash drives are now pretty small, so the following SanDisk Ultra Fit 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive is an alternative if the SD card slot is shallow. However, it does mean you loose the use of one of the USB ports as long as the USB flash drive is inserted. Capacity ranges between 16GB to 128GB.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-SDCZ43-128G-GAM46-Newest-Version/dp/B01BGTG2A0/ref=bdl_pop_ttl_B01BGTG2A0

Solution