I was already canceling Amazon Prime — this just guaranteed it

Jun 14, 2022
This is so interesting since I received an email that the price was decreasing! We have two children using the Amazon Kids account - maybe that is why. It looks like the price will now be the same for everyone no matter the number of kids using it. Here’s what I received:

Dear Amazon Kids+ Subscriber,​
Thank you for being a valued Amazon Kids+ subscriber. We want to let you know about an upcoming change to your subscription - your monthly payments will decrease.

As of June 8, 2022, we have simplified our pricing options to a single monthly plan. This means the monthly price for Prime will decrease from $6.99 to $4.99 and Non-Prime will decrease from $9.99 to $7.99. The new price, plus applicable taxes, will apply after July 14, 2022 on the date of your next billing cycle.​

Jun 14, 2022
Honestly? You sound very whiney-what I read is your kid out grew this service, thus you are choosing to spend your money elsewhere 🤷🏻‍♀️There is nothing wrong with Amazon-as for me and my household there is no beating the easiness and affordability of the 1000s of products we can buy and ship with a click for FREE (have you been paying attn/factor in what you’ll now pay for freight 🤦🏻‍♀️) to our family and friends across the country. As for the kid pricing-compared to streaming services that’s Pennies on the dollar or buying books at $12-$20/piece.

Reactions: Matt2323
Jun 14, 2022
Complaining about $2 more a month, after over a DECADE with no price increase?

Tom's used to be a great resource. Now it's just clickbait. Blocking your site from all my newsfeeds.

nmharleyrider

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
I have had Amazon Prime member since the day they announced it. I have never had an issue and the membership fee I pay is always less than the savings I get when I shop at Amazon. In addition, the free movies. documentaries and TV shows are an amazing catalogue of items.

Mark Spoonauer

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2014
Complaining about $2 more a month, after over a DECADE with no price increase?

Tom's used to be a great resource. Now it's just clickbait. Blocking your site from all my newsfeeds.

I personally edited this story. As the author notes, these days every dollar counts so what might not mean much to you means something to others. That's why it's called an opinion.