I went a week without using a case on my phone — here’s what I learned

Jun 23, 2024
“Or maybe I enjoy the extra grippy feel I get using them?”
^This is the only reason I use a phone case… to get grip on it, or to keep it from sliding out of my pocket when I sit down. I wish they worked make the phone inherently less slippery so that I would not need a case at all…

Reactions: Kabal22
Jun 23, 2024
Risking a major investment for the looks people give is a bit vain in my opinion. I remember a few years back it was considered a flex to not use a case because the owner could simply buy a new phone if they broke it.

john_velasco

Great
Feb 29, 2024
“Or maybe I enjoy the extra grippy feel I get using them?”
^This is the only reason I use a phone case… to get grip on it, or to keep it from sliding out of my pocket when I sit down. I wish they worked make the phone inherently less slippery so that I would not need a case at all…
Phones are incredibly slippery today

Jun 24, 2024
I too few times feel like why I should use a case to hide the beautiful looks of my phone. Also one more thing is the thickness phones gain when we put a case on it. Especially with my Samsung phones. They are so thin and feel great to use without a case.
The mag safe and wallet cases you used are ugly and bulky. Just use clear cases. Those don't hide the looks and secure the phone. Clear cases don't even look and feel bulky on a phone. Only issue with clear cases is they tend to turn yellow after sometime.

Jun 24, 2024
It is more about the phone being too slippery without the case for me. Without a case it slips out of your pocket, you can't set it on your leg and leave it there. I was surprised the article didn't address this as one of the points

Jun 24, 2024
Been using my Fold 2 without a case or screen protector for almost 4 years now. Just stuck a skin on the back. Dropped countless times. Some scratches here and there. Don't care about the resale value after 4 years.