I won’t buy a Switch Pro until Nintendo fixes this big problem

Talarous

Commendable
Mar 10, 2019
I don't know if I could POSSIBLY disagree more with the assessment of this article. No Nintendo system has had a better library than Switch save for possibly the SNES, and many of the best games from that system are playable on the Switch anyway plus outrageous numbers of insanely good first party titles, third party titles and indie games.

Your assessment that after the first year the Switch hasn't lived up to its initial promise is something that virtually no one else in the world, professionally, has stated. It's largely agreed upon in the gaming community that the Switch library has exploded. Literal numbers prove that and a quick look at sales and reviews will show how popular and successful many of those games are. The first year was a good year, with Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Xenoblade 2, Splatoon 2, etc. No doubt. But to marginalize entire years falsely claiming they only had one big title? Insane.

Just a quick overview of Nintendo published titles by year:

2018 - Bayonetta/Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Dragon Quest Builders, Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition, Mario Tennis Aces, Kirby Star Allies, Nintendo Labo (and all associated products), Octopath Traveler, Super Mario Party, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Sushi Striker, Xenoblade: Torna The Golden Country, Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee.

2019 -
Astral Chain, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Boxboy + Boxgirl!, Daemon X Machina, Fitness Boxing, Luigi's Mansion 3, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Yoshi's Crafted World, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Dragon Quest XI S, New Super Mario Bros. I Deluxe, Mario Maker 2, Tetris 99, The Stretchers, Pokemon Sword and Shield, Ring Fit Adventure.

As a quick aside.. I don't know in what reality you couldn't call 2019 an insane year. Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Luigi's Mansion 3, Astral Chain, both Dragon Quest games, Super Mario Maker 2, Link's Awakening.. these are some of the best games of the last decade on any console. Then you top that off with the insanely popular Pokemon and you have one of the biggest years in gaming console history and that's not even looking at DLC, expansions, third party published titles, indie games, etc.

2020 - Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Animal Crossing New Horizons, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Clubhouse Games, Xenoblade Chronicles remake, Paper Mario: The Origami King, inclusion of SNES games on NSO, Pikmin 3 Deluxe, Super Mario 3D All*Stars, Good Job!, Part Time UFO, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, both massive Pokemon expansions, Super Mario 35, Fire Emblem NES, Fitness Boxing 2.

As another aside, this isn't all the titles.. I've certainly forgotten at least a half a dozen or more.. and the 2020 entries were in the midst of a massive global pandemic that ravaged the development cycles of Nintendo's products and yet they still put out a ton of great games and kept a solid release schedule.

By all means, don't buy a Nintendo Switch Pro (a system, by the way, that is no more than a rumor anyway). But there's no way anyone can legitimately argue that the Switch doesn't have games to play. Many of which are big, huge titles. And with a 2021 looking to be one of the biggest years yet for the system, if not the biggest, there are more games to play that anyone person could have time to play them. Not liking a particular game (Luigi's Mansion 3, Xenoblade, Paper Mario) doesn't make it smaller or less of a big hit. One look at the top 20 best selling games will tell you as much.