I wore an Oura Ring for an entire year — what I like and don't like

Dec 27, 2022
My biggest challenge is also the charging. I've had my ring for longer, but it requires very regular charging now. If it worked on a Qi charger, I wouldn't have any issues as I have several devices (including my car) that could keep it topped off. I like what it does, when it has the charge to do it, but remembering to charge it is my biggest frustration.

Dec 28, 2022
I think one of the biggest things not mentioned here is that you have to pay $72/year for the membership to Oura just to use it, on top of the $300+ for the ring itself. I had the second generation Oura Ring for over a year, and loved it, but after a year the battery died. BUT at least there was no paid membership, you bought the ring and that was it. Oura gen 3 comes out and they introduce this required membership... $72/year is not insignificant.

Reactions: Eckman
Dec 30, 2022
Wearing a ring while cycling is horribly uncomfortable. The Oura will never be as accurate as a EKG heart rate sensor. I can replace the battery in my Garmin EKG sensor, unlike the Oura. Also my sensor doesn't require a subscription. I'm not surprised that little tidbit was left out. That alone should be a deal killer.