I wouldnt spend 1 cent more on an Asus product!

Apr 15, 2018
I bought an Asus ROG-GL502VS-7th-Gen-Intel-Core notebook from HIDevolution via Amazon for 1900€. (7700hq, gtx1070, ssd, 120 hz) It was sent to me as defected. I am pretty sure they knew it was defected before selling me. Because they shipped it as possible as late (1 month after purchase), so I missed returning right that amazon provides. Anyway!
Notebook has got 2 problems:
1- Battery drains when playing games although it is plugged in of course.
2- FPS drops occur very often. In other words, when playing games, games freeze for a second then flow every a few minutes. It is hell frustrating and I am afraid issue will become bigger after warranty time will end.
https://youtu.be/2Ap9LReFOs0
I sent the notebook to Asus service 3 times and they sent it back to me without doing anything! They just say they couldn’t detect the issue I claim.
Also, when I sent it last time, they formatted my drive D for no reason. Notebook has 2 hard drives. 1 ssd for windows and 1 TB hdd for storage. You really have to format 1 tb hdd to be able to reinstall windows on SSD right? Good job Asus service. Your skills really impressed me.

Mod Edit for Language

not sure if your asking for opinion or ?? but regarding;

1. make sure your battery is actually charging and or you have the proper power supply with your laptop , do not assume, I had a Dell XPS 702s Gaming laptop at the time, and they had sent me a 60w PSU when it needs 90W psu to keep the battery charged while gaming, so its possible this is your case.

2.(a) fps drops can occur with laptop quite often, the air flow is less than optimal in any laptop, why they sell Fan cooling devices you place under your laptop to draw more air out of system to better cool it,
2.(b) fps drops occurs all the time when gaming in WIFI, have you tried to play wired to see f the fps drops still ?

suggestions: download HWINFO, run it in sensor mode, play your game and see, after you notice fps drop, what does the temperature of cpu and gpu look like in the max column, perhaps there is a heat related issue going on, would not surprise me a lot.

Apr 15, 2018

PSU is 230 watt its more than enough for a notebook isnt it? If it is not, does Asus service unable to recognise this issue?
Reducing clock of gpu solves battery draining issue but doesnt solve FPS drop issue. So I believe GPU is defected.

FPS drops occur also in offline games. In the begining Also I was believes these were connection lags and then i just realized it when i was checkingg FPS by a software and then playing offline games.

have you checked the temp on GPU as I suggested?

If it is over 85c then you would be right about fps problem related to gpu, but not as defective hardware but only needed reapplying of the thermal past on the gpu/heatsink .

Apr 15, 2018

Ta1hKYy.png

https://imgur.com/a/pU1o1

How replacing thermal paste will solve battery drain issue?

Apr 15, 2018

I reduced temperature of cpu to 70 by downclocking. Battery drain was significantly reduced but FPS drops still occur.

well cpu temp of 95 and gpu of 85.... those are STRING indicators of your issue at hand.

2018-04-15_15-14-47.png

I would take any OC you have on it, if your under-clocking it make sure you lower voltage a little as well, and if your OC your video I would turn that off, or get MSI afterburner, and change the fan control on the GPU to be 70% @ 70c and 100% @ 80c that should lower that temp quickly.

if that doesn't help I would print that picture of your HWinfo ad send it back to them with " its OVERHEATING " fix the thermal paste.

Jun 13, 2018
Your problem was purchasing anything made by HIDevolution. I will never purchase a computer from them again.