I3 8130u with mx130 gddr5 or i3 7020u with mx150?

Dec 4, 2018
Hello community, i have this dilemma right now, i need to choose from this 2 laptops:

1. Lenovo
i3 7020u
Mx150
4gb ram

400 euros.

2.Asus
I3 8130u
Mx130 but gddr5 version
4gb ram

500 euros.

I need it for university (can’t be desktop, also have good one at home im in other city for university) and coding purpose but i like to play some game in time to time i want to have as much better performace as possible without bottleneck and throttle. My concern is will i3 7020u be enough for mx150 and not bottleneck it, i saw some youtube video guy get 20-65 fps in gta V but have only 4 gb ram on it maybe its ram the issue of fps drop, however graphic on lenovo is really better which games demand more right?
And the one with Asus spec run on 45-50 constant fps gta v without fps drop but have 6 gb ram. Can someone help out with choice?

Im planning to add 4gb ram immidietly on any choice.

Thanks in advance.

Nmopt

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014
The change from the 7020u and 8130u is bigger than the mx130 to the mx150.
And since the mx130 is the newest with ddr5, I suggest taking that laptop! :)

Better cpu means better for tasks. I had a same laptop, with this CPU you will be absolutely fine and with that GPU, you can play some games like minecraft, runescape, maybe GTA5 on low. Skyrim, etc. Csgo will also be fine.

Dont expect to be playing Triple A titles though.

Good luck! :)

Dec 4, 2018

Hey thanks for reply, well in terms of better change and diffrence i saw in userbenchamark when i compare gpu’s and cpu’s i3 8130u is better by around 40% and gpu mx150 is better for 60% then mx130. Also this video shows https://youtu.be/Mi8r3yc5Aa4
That i3 7020u and mx150 have better performance altho i dont know is it ddr3 or gddr5 mx130 versions its not included and how much of a diffrence is between those two.

I would probably go for i3 7020u and mx150 according to that but what bothers me is this video, fps on this config goes higher then Asus spec but it has serious drops, however this guy have 4 gb ram, so is it Ram issue that fps have drops or cpu bottleneck and just isnt enough and dont go well with mx150.

https://youtu.be/Dag3YRol_n0

Also gta V average on i3 7020u is higher but have really low minimum fps, also on this video he tested on higher resolutions, on first im not sure which resolution was used. Also there is this video with same spec as Asus which run gta on stable 45-50 fps.
https://youtu.be/N9y8Ac4Sm0o

Listed it all here.

Cheers, looking for more suggestions and updates.

MX150 is faster, The MX130 is a re-badged 940MX, the MX150 is a mobile version of the 1030. Should be about 20% faster in games, all other things being equal. The bit slower CPU is not likely to make as much of a difference. GTA V is dependent on the CPU as much as the video card, so a better CPU can help that game. Yes good idea to add in a second 4 GB stick, would help with speeds.

Nmopt

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014
It all really depends. If its more for school and less for gaming, go for the Asus, but by the looks of it you want more gaming performance. Then I suggest the lenovo.

But if Gaming is important, I suggest looking for a tad bit better laptop.
What is your budget?

Dec 4, 2018
This are two best laptops i found for my budget i saw mx150 on 800 euros laptops but better cpu, also even mx130 but its not in my buget, gaming laptops without 1000euros cant find with decent not low voltage proccessor and maybe rx560 graphic but yeah thats too much, i have decent desktop back home and i need this one for few hours weekly of gaming not too much. Wouldnt ask if i have high budget to choose best option, would be much easier, thank you for replies. Maybe some expert or some guy who tested i3 7020u can help out :D

Dec 4, 2018
Its good choice however i didn’t saw same spec in my country i’m from Serbia and that might be problem for finding better option.

Also ebay is not option since taxes will be big and i dont want laptop without warranty, i get on those 2-3 year warranty atleast.