Solved! I5 4200U replacement with the I7 4500U

eternalabys

Prominent
Nov 8, 2018
Laptop: Dell Inspiron 3537
I'm thinking of changing my laptops cpu to a more powerful one. I know that its technically not possible to do it but what if i would resolder/reball the new cpu to the socket. It should work because i believe that Dell uses the same motherboard on all 3537 model ranges. Or do you think i should get a new motherboard because of some hardcode on the motherboard and it would freak out seeing as it had a different CPU in it. And if so could i fix it by flashing the I7's motherboard bios?

Solution
The CPU is soldered so unless you have the proper equipment and training you'll have to pay some one to replace the CPU. Or you have to buy a motherboard with the i7 on it already. Either way you are going to be spending a lot of money for very little actual performance gain. Imho it's a waste of money.

bignastyid

Splendid
The CPU is soldered so unless you have the proper equipment and training you'll have to pay some one to replace the CPU. Or you have to buy a motherboard with the i7 on it already. Either way you are going to be spending a lot of money for very little actual performance gain. Imho it's a waste of money.

Solution