i7-3630QM Temps and Voltage

o3neonsxt

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
I stalk this forum for my computing needs and I usually find what I am looking for. Lots of info here. Now, for the first time, I need to ask a question.

I have a HP Envy Dv7 with a i7-3630QM and a 2GB Nvidia GT 650M. Also have 16GB a RAM and a cooling pad under the laptop. Recently I have been having issues with the computer. I can't seem to put my finger on what it causing it. So I did some research and ran some monitors (CPUID HWMonitor, TechPowerUp GPU-Z, and FRAPs) to see what was going on.

The issue I am having is when gaming, my games will freeze, hang-up, then come back but my FPS goes from 80-90FPS to 2FPS randomly. Also, when surfing the web there is a massive delay in switching tabs or even typing. The results from the monitors that bugged my were from the CPU. I was thinking the GPU was wigging out but it seems stable.

My voltages on my CPU are moving all over the place from 0.730 to 1.126. Even right now as I type this is it moving. .846, .851, .821, and so forth. The temps from the CPU while gaming with my cooling pad, were jumping from 91*C to 105*C. Right now idling they are 48*C to 52*c and constantly moving.

I guess my question is, is it time for a new computer?

Thanks!

Solution
hiiii,
i am a dell user....
have u changed the inbuilt cooling system like other laptops have.....???
if not then please change..it...
and if your lapii is still under the accidential warranty den...tell ur issue..to a company...and they will send a new one or tell one solution..
if u already do this den i dont know the another solution......

harshin joshi

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014
hiiii,
i am a dell user....
have u changed the inbuilt cooling system like other laptops have.....???
if not then please change..it...
and if your lapii is still under the accidential warranty den...tell ur issue..to a company...and they will send a new one or tell one solution..
if u already do this den i dont know the another solution......

Solution