IBM Patents Idea to Make the Entire Floor a Multitouch Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

confish21

Honorable
Feb 12, 2012
it will also detect when an employee is close to becoming chronically ill... saving almost enough money to pay for the floor itself.

Pyree

Distinguished
It will be annoying that every time when people is on the floor with abnormal heart beat, the floor calls an ambulance. There are plenty of other reasons for people to be on the floor with abnormal heart beat apart from falling due to heart problem.

aoneone

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
What if you have sex? cuz you know... that also causes rapid heartbeats? And nothing is more exciting when someone comes bashing through the door when you have someone bent over! ^_^

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
A lot of the actions described are already being done with various sensors and existing technologies, without any involvement of the floor.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]jimmysmitty[/nom]Anyone else imagine this used as a massive DDR floor for an arcade?[/citation]
Dance Dance Revolution: Home Ed.

It could work if people were still in the buying market.

apple_eater

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
[citation][nom]tburns1[/nom]Damnit, room! Why do you keep calling me Dave![/citation]

only needs a red flashing light and a eye flowing you around

capt_taco

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
Why do they let you patent something if you're nowhere near capable of building it?

Tell you what, I have an idea for a car that gets 500 mpg, and a touchscreen that lets you do anything in the world, and a teleporter and a supersonic jetpack and a giant moon base made out of popcorn, that I all sketched out on the back of a Taco Bell placemat when I was drunk last night. I don't have any plan at all for how I would actually build them, but everyone give me money.

Status
Not open for further replies.