Icahn Aiming To Oust Yahoo's Jerry Yang As CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Yeah right, trust a corporate raider to bring benefit to shareholders. My guess is he’s trying to stir up enough trouble to force Yahoo to pay a premium to buy back the shares he own leaving everybody else a little poorer.

People like him should be charged with financial fraud but I guess he footed enough political campaign to be untouchable.

G

"People like him [Icahn] should be charged with financial fraud"

As opposed to Yang-er who jacked up a severance package to $2.5Bil (against some recommendations) in order to make it more difficult for Microsoft to acquire them. Some executives can now get as much as 2 YEARS of salary in severance if Microsoft acquires Yahoo. How's that for financial integrity?

Oh, and Yang had folks prepare a memo on turning down a potential "thrid party" (Microsoft) offer, before THE OFFER WAS EVEN MADE! But I'm sure he was open-minded and had the stockholders best interest in mind when he got the offer!?!?

If Yang has a credible plan to get the stock from the $19 it was at to the $33 offer then he should remain in charge - given Yahoo's performance and the way they are getting worked over by Google, Yang should be removed for incompetence and lack of fiduciary responsibility for the way he handle the MS offer. Thankfully his days are probably numbered (he may get removed at the next board meeting on Aug 1). If he wanted to own the company, he shouldn't have taken it public and destroyed billions of dollars of stockholders money over the past few years. He no longer owns the company and is answerable to the true owners (stockholders); come Aug 1, we'll see how it goes! I know who I'm voting for as a Yahoo stockholder (it ain't Yang).

Status
Not open for further replies.