I'd still choose wired headphones over wireless — here's why

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I still use the wired headphones I bought in the early 1980s. Very soft & comfy ear cups, no outside noise filtering, and really good sound. Especially when playing vinyl. Why would I want wireless?

Sep 19, 2022
I enjoy both wired and wireless... the issue is, for me at least, my smartphone has become my main audio source and it doesn't have a headphone jack. USB C headphones are very few and as a result u need a conversion cable to use wired headphones.
I've a pair Beyer Dynamics and B&O headphones wired and several wireless earbuds which tend to have a much shorter lifespan than wired.

Wired are great for low latency I use yousician and chordify for my guitar and ukulele needs... wired are perfect.

However, I listen to audio books whilst painting my warhammer minatures and music whilst at work and here I use wireless earbuds... companies like Jabra although great are extremely volatile and suffer from poor durability despite costing £180 and yes a £180 wired Grado or B&W would blow the Jsbra out the water.

My point is all things can co exist... if manufacturers want to bring wired back to the masses they Nedd to work out usb c connection without the need for extra leads.