Solved! IdeaPad 100s-11IBY Keyboard touchpad and audio not working.

PhilFails

Honorable
Sep 9, 2013
Hi,
I've just bought a 100s off someone on Facebook, when I got it the keyboard and touchpad worked perfectly fine, but the HDD was corrupt, so I fully wiped the laptop and reinstalled Windows 10 32Bit onto it, now none of the keyboard\touchpad\audio work at all, when hovering over the audio at the bottom it has the red X on it and says no audio output device is installed, and says Audio device cannot start Error 10 in Device manager, no other errors though.
I've did a static discharge, reconnected all connectors on the Mobo, and installed all drivers from the lenovo site, I contacted the support asking for a factory ISO with drivers already installed as this was the problem on my last lenovo laptop and my Linx Tablet but they refused and sent me a link to the offical microsoft ISO that doesn't work.

I hope someone on here can provide some insight... or if anyone has the 100s-11IBY could make a recover ISO for me that would be very grateful!

Thank you,

Philip.

Solution
You may need to look up the device you bought and make sure it didn't start out with an older version of Windows. If it did, it is completely possible that you will need to use the drivers for that prior version to make them work.

On top of that, depending on where you got the installation from, that could also be your problem. You can get the correct installation files for 10 from here... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
You may need to look up the device you bought and make sure it didn't start out with an older version of Windows. If it did, it is completely possible that you will need to use the drivers for that prior version to make them work.

On top of that, depending on where you got the installation from, that could also be your problem. You can get the correct installation files for 10 from here... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Solution