Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
Hi,
I have emachines / acer e642g
Cpu: AMD P340
Ram: DDR3 1066 4GB
VGA: Ati 5650
hdd: WD blue 500gb
windows 7 x64 ultimate sp1 (with all updates)

So laptop randomly freezes it doesn't matter what are you doing and you have to power it of by holding power button. Temperatures is about 50 C. It even freezes playing solitaire with no other program running. I thought it was hdd cause hdd regenerator found a delay on hdd so i changed it but it's the same. I did fur mark just to see temp it goes about ~75 C. Did Memtest 86+ ran for 8h no errors.

It did had warranty but when i gave them the laptop after the test said there's nothing wrong with it and it's software cause they can't find the problem (they are lazy bums).

So i tried different version of windows 7 x64 ultimate, different drivers (newer, older) nothing helps. Any other suggestions ?

Unfortunately, some problems can bypass tests.
It's not 100% certain that your RAM is good despite Memtest.

Unfortunately, other than swapping parts it's difficult to diagnose.

VERIFY RAM:
1. Remove one stick of RAM (you'd need to read which slot is usable or remove one stick and if the PC doesn't boot use the other slot instead; assuming only two sticks)

2. Run your PC as normal until it FAILS.

3. If it FAILS swap the RAM sticks.

*Make a VIDEO of your laptop failing if you can, then offer that as PROOF of you problem. They should be forced to send you a different laptop. Make sure to film your Service Tag.

powas

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
hmm usually when i have problems with ram i get BSOD, but will try taking one out and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.