If my smart tv is connected to cable company can I still connect it to the internet and not mess up the cable connection?

chrism4555

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017
I got cable now and now my smart tv won't connect to the internet. Can it be connected to the internet and not mess up my cable connection?

Solution

OK so we are getting closer to what the issue is. You are online, and Pandora app is not working, correct? Everything else is OK though right? Did you check if there is an update to the app available that needs to be done? Or try a reset of it? There should be a way to reset the program to clear your info and set it up like it was new. Did you check with support for the TV either online or by contacting their support people?
Of course you can connect your TV to the internet, cable TV will not affect your internet connection. You may not be fully explaining what is happening. Did you switch ISPs as well as getting Cable TV? Did you get a new router/modem? Need details about your setup.

chrism4555

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017

chrism4555

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017
No to both questions. It even says I am connected to the internet now (I finally got it to do that) and I can get to msn.com and the accu weather but pandora will not work still.

Well Pandora may not work because the TV web browser may not support running it. But it may have a built-in Pandora app that may work.

chrism4555

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017

OK so we are getting closer to what the issue is. You are online, and Pandora app is not working, correct? Everything else is OK though right? Did you check if there is an update to the app available that needs to be done? Or try a reset of it? There should be a way to reset the program to clear your info and set it up like it was new. Did you check with support for the TV either online or by contacting their support people?

Solution