IKEA Debuts Ready-made HDTV Home Theater System

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
kind of like something I've been building for a few years now. but modern instead of classic, if anybody lieks this idea feel free to use it, but I take old wooden console tv's, get an lcd that fits after modifying the opening with a router to widescreen then route out and install shelves inside for dvd players or video game consoles to suite. have even intigrated a wii sensor once for somebody.have yet to do ti with a kinect, but it'd beed a bigger opening for sure and it'd look less sleek and old timey. intersting idea though building a modern custom cabinet

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Odd, I imagine there are TV's out there with a bluray/dvd player attached.

Not to mention many already have media playback through a USB.

I was expecting more of a media centre take on it so you could browse internet etc like a mini PC.

This is a very backward implementation.

G

Quality? It's IKEA FFS. They're like the Wal-Mart of furniture. Caveat Emptor.

Pyree

Distinguished
I still like HTPC where all the cable are easily accessible as oppose to this unit where everything is hiding. Just think of the hassle if one thing is broken and you have to take it out. Not worth it unless the system can also send those meat ball through.

jsheridan

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
I wouldn't buy electronics from them, the only thing they are good for is cheap furniture.......expect to have to assemble the TV yourself with little wrenches that come in a plastic bag and no matter how long you spend making sure it is put together correctly it will inevitably break within 6 months.

hok

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Thanks but no... I'll take my 60 inch, PS3, KEF system with messy cables over this overpriced low quality crap any time

guruofchem

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Pyree[/nom]I still like HTPC where all the cable are easily accessible as oppose to this unit where everything is hiding. Just think of the hassle if one thing is broken and you have to take it out. Not worth it unless the system can also send those meat ball through.[/citation]
People who would fix these systems themselves aren't the target market, as they would prefer to build their own custom system to meet their specific needs. Interesting in concept, at least...

Status
Not open for further replies.