I'm ditching Spotify for Apple Music — and it's not because of Joe Rogan

Jan 29, 2022
While this take is your take on all of this, it made little reason or sense to me. To each their own, I'm indifferent and I'm using Spotify and YouTube TV only because they are far and away the absolute best at what they both do.

Jan 30, 2022
Srry but I use 6 music services (yes it's a lot but it's a vice). Apple music is probably the worst of them. Spotify is the best for playlists. Tidal is the best for hifi. YouTube music is good If you like some playlists but also wanna see music videos. Amazon prime music also does well with playlists but not from consumers their own in house people. Deezer is kind of the middle of the road.

I have the utmost faith that when you start using apple music more you'll see you'll drift to different services.

Jan 30, 2022
It's wrong that you can't bring your own music to Spotify. It has a "Local Files" feature where you can sync folders on your computer with your own MP3s and download them to your phone and play in the Spotify app along with their streaming music. Also, there are a number of online apps that can transfer playlists from one streaming music service to another that make it easy to switch services.

Jan 30, 2022
Siri’s integration with /ability to control Apple Music on iPhones is getting worse, not better, with each major IOS update since IOS 14 was released and started the decline. Apple Music only recently created a music discovery feature by expanding playlists with suggestions after the playlist runs out, but their algorithm is paltry in comparison to Spotify in my experience. Their previous solution for music suggestions were suggesting similar artists and the two “New Music” playlists they automatically populate for you. Spotify’s features are more streamlined, intuitive, and provide better music discovery experiences. That’s why I finally turned off Apple Music after 3 years this month.