Does it stay gray when it boots on the desktop screen?
- First do try and connect your laptop onto an external display and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If it displays normally on the external display that means you may need to reopen your laptop.
- Try to make sure that the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard and the LCD itself is seated properly. Remove it and plug it back in making sure that it's seated properly.
- If these doesn't work you may need to replace the LCD itself since it's faulty.
- Make sure to remove the battery and AC adapter when opening your laptop or replacing parts inside it.
Hi, Yes it does stay gray. Connnected to an external display, got black and white dots like when local TV station is off air. Had opened the laptop just to disconnect and reconnect the ribbon on LCD itself; it's seated properly. Did not open and check motherboard since it was never opened. Before I replace the LCD, how can I be sure the motherboard is good.