Solved! I'm having issues with disabling speedstep due to stuttering issue when using windows.

Jul 16, 2021
I play Roblox usually and it runs smooth. Lately however I've noticed I'm having a stuttering issue. I've disabled speedstep (and the laptop uses a fan cooler underneath so thermal issues aren't a concern) so when speedstep is enabled in bios the clock speeds jump between 2.7 and 2.3ghz and I get stuttering when they start jumping. When I turn it off though it's locked at 2.3 ghz and voltage goes from 1.2009v with it on to 1.1459v when I disable it. Can anyone help? (also I use throttlestop but enabling it when it's off in bios or disabling it does nothing.)

Solution
It's a i5-2430m CPU GeForce GT550m 8gb of ddr3 1333mhz ram Samsung 860 evo 256gb SSD it already has high power mode on and the A18 bios which was the latest thanks for explaining it to me though. I find stuttering happens at random and goes away on it's own.

Could still be heat issues even with the fan, did you check the temperatures with a utility like HWMonitor? Also check for any newer drivers from the laptop vendor site.

Disabling speedstep if it fixes your issue won't really be an issue, especially for a game like Roblox.
First list your system specs, brand/model of the system, what CPU is it. Check in Windows power settings that it's set to high power mode, and check the BIOS if there is a high power option there. Check for a newer BIOS also. When you disable speedstep the system is acting normally like it should with a single locked speed, if you read what that option does you will see it.

Jul 16, 2021
It's a i5-2430m CPU GeForce GT550m 8gb of ddr3 1333mhz ram Samsung 860 evo 256gb SSD it already has high power mode on and the A18 bios which was the latest thanks for explaining it to me though. I find stuttering happens at random and goes away on it's own.

Could still be heat issues even with the fan, did you check the temperatures with a utility like HWMonitor? Also check for any newer drivers from the laptop vendor site.

Disabling speedstep if it fixes your issue won't really be an issue, especially for a game like Roblox.

Solution