I'm having two devices under display adapters in device manager!

Alen Bn

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016
So recently, i formatted my computer and now installed win xp.
and now i'm experiencing BSOD. After some time tinkering, i found that the BSOD was caused due to my graphics driver. when i went into device manager, i found that under my display adapters i found two drivers of the same device instead of the usual "one". i even uninstalled winxp and installed win 7 and saw that i had the same problem. So i need help here guys as soon as possible.

sMPSHby.png

spray2000

Estimable
Dec 2, 2015
Uninstall those drivers and update it to the newest drivers, For that integrated graphics card. That should most likely work.. And what's the rest of the stuff in your computer?

Alen Bn

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016

Hello spray2000,
i have done that but still there are 2 display adapters.

My PC specs -
Intel core 2 duo t5750 @ 2.0GHZ
3gb of ram
Windows Xp 32bit

spray2000

Estimable
Dec 2, 2015
Do you use this computer for just regular work, or to play games, Or edit? I'm pretty sure you didn't overclock with that computer.. It's very odd why you're getting blue screen error.. It would be easier to understand if you told me what the blue screen error said, Because I'm pretty sure looking at that in your device manager it's suppose to be like that, So I don't think that is the issue here.

Alen Bn

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016

I just use it play games,
why i made a thread like this one is because when i had win vista preloaded - it had only one driver under display adapters! But when i had installed win 7, then two of them came and the bsod started. so then i had to change to win xp thinking the bsod issue goes but it didnt