im looking to purchase a camera with great quality to start making films. whats the best affordable camera on the market price

Jul 6, 2018
film student looking to invest in a camera i can grow with and expand skill level. dslr, mirrorless or camcorder. rather video quality over photo quality

Solution
Whichever one you decide on you will want to get some prime lenses. I recommend going to both Sony's and Panasonic's user forums and see what actual owners are saying about each one. This will give you better insight to the pros and cons of each.
Is that US$? Is this to include lenses should you choose an camera/camcorder with interchangeable lenses? Is the ability to record 4K video important to you?

4K and interchangeable lenses:
Z Cam E1 is $249.00 from B&H Photo Video. A professional version is being developed - the E2. A Personal View
discussion of the good and bad of the Z Cam E1.

Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K (New Release)
Panasonic GH5
To see other Digital Cine Cameras visit the B&H site and search for Digital Cine cameras.

Jul 6, 2018

yes, it's US$. thanks for the response, i've been looking at the gh5 and sony s7 ii. i want something that can shoot 4k, good in low light situations, and gives the cinematic look as far as shooting short films and music videos. I'm a beginner so the red is not in my budget thus far. Just really want something reliable and not to heavy when it comes to accessories.

Whichever one you decide on you will want to get some prime lenses. I recommend going to both Sony's and Panasonic's user forums and see what actual owners are saying about each one. This will give you better insight to the pros and cons of each.

Solution