News I'm testing DirecTV Stream to cut the cord — here's the pros and cons

Sep 13, 2021
Did you test it with the Fire Stick or DirecTV's own box they provide? I used Apple TV, Fire Stick, and AT&T TV box and found that the Fire Stick and the AT&T box have the best experience of the three. I've noticed the delay, too, on the tvOS platform. There is probably a limitation with the live codecs that Apple supports that causes the delay in the streaming services (i.e. transcoding and/or hardware codecs). I'd say try to stream with the AT&T box or a Fire TV stick and see if there is a difference (VP8 or VP9 codec streaming).

Sep 25, 2021
First, the 10.00 DVR option is UNLIMITED. How many hours of cloud DVR does Spectrum give you? Second, the Spectrum streaming app is only available on a couple of devices and it’s total junk. Third, Directv Stream has the quickest time in switching channels(2.5 seconds) per third party testing. Fourth, you can watch/listen to live TV while you access the guide or home page, which many services such as Sling does not have. It’s the ONLY service that has all of my channels, some of which are obscure, like DIY. It’s hard to believe you can switch and save 400.00 a year compared to your cable bill with the very few reasons you list. The Spectrum TV app is complete garbage and is not available on Fire TV and that’s why I canceled cable. I would love to see you do a positive review on the Spectrum app.

Sep 28, 2021
First, the 10.00 DVR option is UNLIMITED. How many hours of cloud DVR does Spectrum give you? Second, the Spectrum streaming app is only available on a couple of devices and it’s total junk. Third, Directv Stream has the quickest time in switching channels(2.5 seconds) per third party testing. Fourth, you can watch/listen to live TV while you access the guide or home page, which many services such as Sling does not have. It’s the ONLY service that has all of my channels, some of which are obscure, like DIY. It’s hard to believe you can switch and save 400.00 a year compared to your cable bill with the very few reasons you list. The Spectrum TV app is complete garbage and is not available on Fire TV and that’s why I canceled cable. I would love to see you do a positive review on the Spectrum app.
The Directv Stream has all of the channels that we needed, as have the ultimate package, and while it is pricy compared to its competition, has the one thing needed, which would be the local Detroit sport teams!
Also love the fact can use up to 20 streams, and have the unlimited dvr feature, so never have to worry about conflicting record times.
The only weird thing is that at times the picture quality seems to drop to SD and then right back to HD, and after the Tigers finish season, might drop back to base plan until next baseball season again!