I'm the only one who uses my computer and I don't want it to be locked so I have to enter a password every time. Is there a w

Stridox

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
You can go into the control panel if it is a Windows and depending what version of windows you have you go to User Accounts and Family Safety for Windows 7 then select change Windows Password under User Accounts :)

wendyleigh

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013

thanks for the suggestion. I have Windows 8 and can't find a place to change it following your map :(

Stridox

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
Alright I googled it and this is what came up so...
Step 1: Make sure you are logged in as Admin
Step 2: Then open the Metro UI screen and start typing "netplwiz" without the quotes under the search for app.
Step 3: Open the application then there will be a box saying "Users must enter a username and password to use this Computer" uncheck the box there.
Step 4: Hit Apply and Ok.
Step 5: Open Power management under the Control Panel and make sure that you do not have to enter a password when you wake up your computer from sleeping and boom you should be okay I believe haha Good Luck!

wendyleigh

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013

Sorry, I'm so non computer savvy it's sad, that's probably how I ended up with this problem to begin with. How do I log in as Admin and where do I find the Metro UI screen?

wendyleigh

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013

Sorry, I'm so non computer savvy it's sad, that's probably how I ended up with this problem to begin with. How do I log in as Admin and where do I find the Metro UI screen?

Stridox

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
The Metro UI screen is that purple screen that Windows 8 calls metro and if you are the only user and only account on the computer you are automatically an administrative user. Since I don't have Windows 8 its a bit harder for me to help you but I am sure there is a search bar somewhere on the Metro screen so that is what I would say you would use to search from. Hope this helps!