I'm trying to make custom Laptops for my company but the prices are more expensi

Zvp

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
Hello,
I'm trying to make custom Laptops for my company but the prices are more expensive then retail.
Can anyone help me with this, maybe if you know some cheap Barebone notebooks, but are good.
Thanks.

runswindows95

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Then again, unless you need them for a specific purpose, a $500 to $600 laptop will handle 99% of business programs: Office, Quickbooks, email, etc. In the corporate world, the average employee doesn't need a fancy GPU, the fastest CPU, and the max RAM.

Give you an idea: Old laptop: 2Ghz Core2Duo, 4GB of RAM, integrated GPU running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit. I can work in a 300+ page Word file, and there's no lag. I can have 10 tabs open in my browser as well, and no lag. The only program I've noticed lag is Photoshop, but that is expected on a lower end system such as mine.

Zvp

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012

You mean like Clevo, so RJTech, one of those companies?
I might, because I've realized that today most people actually want Laptops.

po1nted

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012

Not sure I would align with this. We use HP 8460p as our standard laptop for a Fortune 100 company with over 25000 employees. We have a VERY low failure rate. Much lower than the IBM and Dell's that we have had in the past.

Zvp

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012

Yeah, but my company BUILDS computers:
http://zccomputers.com
We are just building Desktop computers right now, which is why I came on here to ask.

ram1009

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2007

Often the cure for "wanting" a laptop is owning a laptop. People tend to think of them as portable desktops which they are not. IMHO they should only be used for those applications requiring portability.

raytseng

Honorable
May 15, 2012
ok, your question is a bit confusing, and I misread it, and I bet a lot of others did too.

So your real question isn't that you want to obtain laptops for use by your company's employees. But you want to become a laptop reseller?

Just like any other thing, you have to figure out what VALUE or Service you are adding compared to anything else.
Then like selling anything else, you form channels to a manufacturer(s) to provide such service.
So if you want to sell Clevo computers, then you probably get in touch with Clevo to find out how to be an OEM distributor;

Just like if you want to build desktops, you probably have to figure out where to get desktop parts before you can build your desktop for your customers.
Unless your business model is based on dumb customers where you can just pass the work to another builder for a lower price and pocket the difference.

If you want to form your own brand from scratch, , then you probably better speak chinese and know how to do business in Asia to be able to setup manufacturing from the base parts to build a laptop from scratch.

You are right, laptops have surpassed desktops in sales for maybe the past 10years now. I think the last chart I saw it had laptop sales twice as much as desktops. So yes, if you need to expand the scope of your market, you better be considering laptops.