I'm trying to use microphone plugged through Audio line in jack

fisbuar

Estimable
Sep 17, 2015
I'm using a Asus 24" LED VG248QE Monitor,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236313
which comes with a Ordinary headphone jack, and NOT a microphone jack, but it has a "LINE IN" jack.
I'm wondering if its possible to maybe get my microphone to work through the audio line in socket?
From what i've been reading trying to look for answers, i've found that it should be possible, but i need someone who might be able to tell me how it is done.

Solution
The audio line in relies on power from the signal source . Microphones are powered by the PC or the device you connect it too. This wont work as you describe it. If you have an MP3 player or a cell phone audio splitter you can do this by running the mic to the player and the output to the audio line in port. There are also USB sound cards that will let you do what you want.

RJMadCat

Estimable
Nov 6, 2014
If it works, and I am not sure it will, what cable are you using with your Monitor, I would guess it will have to be HDMI or DP and not DVI.
More than that I have no clue.

Unkk

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
The audio line in relies on power from the signal source . Microphones are powered by the PC or the device you connect it too. This wont work as you describe it. If you have an MP3 player or a cell phone audio splitter you can do this by running the mic to the player and the output to the audio line in port. There are also USB sound cards that will let you do what you want.

Solution