I'm updating my Home Theater system. Right now I'm considering the Anthem MRX 720 or Marantz separates AV7701 /MM 7055. Anyone

BRIAN NN

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
I'm updating my Home Theater system. Right now I'm considering the Anthem MRX 720 or Marantz separates AV7701 /MM 7055. Anyone have any experience with these items ? Preferences ?....I'm having a hard time deciding !

Solution
The Marantz separates will have more power and a warmer sound than the Anthem.
The Anthrm ARC is much better than Audyssey so if your room is bad or you have mismatched speakers it can do wonders.

lodders

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
The acid test is going to listen to them.
It is the same with expensive Hi fi systems... it doesn't matter if other people like the sound or if magazines give them good reviews, it only matters if you like them..

ien2222

Distinguished
Personally, I'd probably go with the Anthem and use the savings towards better speakers and/or subs if you are updating them too, or getting an additional sub if you already have updated them.

Sound quality will be nearly the same though the Anthem gives you a bit better room correction (ARC) vs the Marantz (Audyssey). Mostly it comes down to the features you want/need.

BRIAN NN

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
Thanks for the input everyone. I finally found time to listen to them and went with the Marantz separates. They actually saved me a couple hundred also
Thanks again